Friday, May 23, 2008

I finally Graduated??



Well today was graduation day for the school year 2007-2008. Pam and I just returned from the celebration held at the Sevier Events Center and it was a nice affair. Today the reality of this day came into focus when I arrived at school. My room is all ready for the summer and a new teacher. I have tried the past week to anticipate what my relief would need to know in order to use the technology in my room and for the concurrent enrollment and EdNet facilitators to continue the program this fall. Hopefully I did enough!


In the awards assembly I was very surprised to receive the plaque shown above. I think it was my payoff for leaving.

So what's in store for us now? It's hard to say. Right now it just feels like school is out and summer vacation is here. We hope to get our yard into shape, do some projects I have been putting off for years, harvest a good garden, and maybe take a trip or two. With the price of gas, however, we are not sure how far from home we will venture.

Pam's toe is doing very well. She is out of the walking boot full time now and has been wearing sandals and even got on some sketcher shoes yesterday. Tomorrow she will see her doctor again and hopefully he will finally get all the stitches out and give her freedom to do whatever she wants.

4 comments:

the coltons said...

congratulations, dad! we are proud of you and i actually regret that i was never able to have a class from you (unless you count ednet) :) you know, you ARE the best teacher in that school - kids tell me that all the time. you are the reason i passed a college level math class and therefore didn't have to take remedial math (worth ZERO credits) in college. thanks dad :) and CONGRATS!!! the plaque is NO surprise :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I wish we would have been thinking when you were out and had a huge party for you because you deserve it. I hope you enjoy all your years to come.

Johanna said...

Congratulations, Dad! You deserve all the accolades. They are going to miss you next year, but I'm sure you will be glad to be trying something new. Thanks so much for making TWO trips out to CO this month. We really appreciated you being there for all the special events. Have a great summer - we'll surely see you at some point!

Unknown said...

Congrats Dad! The "Educator of the Year" award was long overdue. Really, it should have been for the last decade. I hope retirement is treating you well, haha. I did see that you shot a 41 the other day, so clearly its pretty good so far.